segunda-feira, março 19, 2007

Art quotes....

“Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
Pablo Picasso
........................

“I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way–things I had no words for.”
Georgia O’keeffe
.............................

“An art which isn’t based on feeling isn’t an art at all … feeling is the principle, the beginning and the end; craft, objective, technique - all these are in the middle.”
Paul Cezanne
.......................

“Colour is the key. The eye is the hammer. The soul is the piano with its many chords. The artist is the hand that, by touching this or that key, sets the soul vibrating automatically.”
Wassily Kandinsky
................................

“The fact that people break down and cry when confronted with my pictures shows that I can communicate those basic human emotions.. the people who weep before my pictures are having the same religious experience I had when painting them. And if you say you are moved only by their color relationships then you miss the point.”
Mark Rothko
......................

“When I am in a painting, I’m not aware of what I’m doing. It is only after a sort of ‘get acquainted’ period that I see what I have been about. I have no fears about making changes, destroying the image, etc, because the painting has a life of its own. I try to let it come through. It is only when I lose contact with the painting that the result is a mess. Otherwise there is pure harmony, an easy give and take, and the painting comes out well.”
Jackson Pollock

Nenhum comentário: